Occupational health and safety principles of Transneft:
- the life and health of employees have a higher priority than production performance results;
- each employee is personally responsible for his or her own safety, has the right to stop and must refuse to perform works not complying with the safety requirements;
- all employees are involved in activities relating to reducing workplace injuries and occupational diseases;
- managers of all levels play a leading role in matters of ensuring safe working conditions;
- important health and safety information is open and readily available.
Occupational health and safety responsibilities of Transneft:
- compliance with the requirements of the Russian legislation, international agreements of the Russian Federation, occupational health and safety standards;
- continuous improvement and perfection of occupational health and safety.
To comply with the above principles, Transneft sets the following goals and objectives:
- plan and take actions aimed to prevent workplace accidents and occupational diseases;
- ensure occupational safety and safe working conditions for employees in operation of buildings, structures, equipment and business processes;
- plan and take actions aimed at providing employees with personal protection equipment for protection from dangerous production factors corresponding to the modern level of science and technology in occupational health and safety;
- ensure proper functioning of systems for monitoring and control of occupational safety and working conditions at workplaces;
- conduct a dedicated assessment of working conditions and levels of professional risk;
- provide sanitary and utility services and medical support to employees in compliance with the occupational safety requirements; conduct statutory preliminary and regular medical examinations of employees;
- inform employees about occupational health and safety and working conditions at workplaces, relevant health risks, measures to protect from harmful production factors and occupational hazards;
- minimise the risks and prevent the threats of workplace accidents and occupational diseases;
- conduct regular training on safe methods and techniques for performing occupational safety works and to test knowledge of occupational health and safety requirements;
- improve the occupational health and safety management system by means of timely development and update of corporate guidelines and occupational health and safety regulations, and clear distribution of employees’ rights, obligations, and responsibility for compliance with the occupational health and safety requirements;
- allocate organisational, physical and financial resources to ensure proper functioning of the occupational health and safety management system and taking occupational health and safety measures;
- ensure personal responsibility of managers and relevant employees for compliance with the occupational health and safety requirements;
- maintain a positive image of Transneft as a company focused on protection of life and health of its employees;
- improve production culture, educational and professional level of employees in the area of occupational health and safety;
- take into consideration opinions of employees and other stakeholders in performing occupational health and safety activities.
Transneft believes that compliance with these provisions is a key to ensuring an optimal combination of the Company’s interests and society’s socio-economic needs in the field of occupational health and safety.